1141 Newmark Civil Enginning Laboratory
205 N. Mathews Ave.
Urbana, IL 61820
University of Illinois, Urbana, IL
MS., Civil Engineering
Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil, Guayaquil, Ecuador
BS., Civil Engineering
– Topology optimization of structures subjected to stochastic dynamic processes.
– Applications to building and bridges subjected to earthquake and wind loadings.
– Numerical solution of large-scale Lyapunov equation.
Structural Health Monitoring
– Field deployable reference-free displacement estimation using Wireless Smart Sensors. Applications to railroad bridges.
– Damage detection using electromechanical impedance measurements using Red Pitaya (single-board computer).
– Applications of digital filters to SHM.
– Seismic design of reinforced concrete and steel structures.
– Seismic protection devices.
Link to Google Scholar Profile
Select Awards and Honors
Fulbright Foreign Fellowship, U.S. Department of State
Top of the Class Award, Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil
2 gold medals and 1 silver medal in IberoAmerican University Mathematical Olympiad
Academic Excellence Award, Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil
Academic Merit Award, Ecuadorian House of Culture
2 bronze medals in International Mathematical Olympiad